IGNORED

Castle Blast Label Contest

Albert

/features/contests/CastleBlast/index.htmlIt's time once again for you to fire up your favorite graphics program! AtariAge is sponsoring a contest to create a label for Ronen Habot's upcoming Castle Blast for the Atari 5200. Castle Blast is loosely based off the fifth wave of the classic Centuri arcade game Phoenix. Ronen plans to release Castle Blast at the Classic Gaming Expo this August, complete with the winner's label, box, and manual. The winner of the contest will receive a limited Special Edition version of the cartridge. For more details on how to enter, as well as keep up on label submissions as we receive them, check out the Castle Blast Label Contest Page.

Thanks a bunch, a was needing a project for my graphic design class to start on tomorrow. My instructor and I like classic gaming, so this will be a real fun project for me to do, im hoping to program a 5200 game someday myself, this is going to be a lot of fun for me to do, even if mine doesnt get picked. Thanks again!!!

Great, I look forward to seeing your label! Yeah, even though only one label will be chosen, it's still a blast seeing all the great labels everyone comes up with. And we hope that everyone has fun creating labels for the contest, if if one of their creations isn't chosen. The last contest we had for Qb generated over 100 labels. I don't envy Andrew Davie for having to make a difficult choice in that contest. I hope Ronen is faced with the same problem in this contest!

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Johnson:

Hey Albert, is that 5200 template at 200dpi? It seems a little small and I don't have a real 5200 cart to measure?

No, although *gulp* I could also put one up at 200dpi, I didn't think to do that. I put the existing cartridge up so people know what the final dimensions on the site will be, and so they can use the correct proportions. I always hope that people will send in higher-resolution images, since they'll look better on the printed label. I'll try to scan a 5200 cart before I go to bed.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by cristiana:

i have been waiting for another contest, i cant see how the competition turns out this time. good luck, and start your engines.....

I look forward to seeing your creations for this contest, along with those from everyone else! We've already received entries from several people, but it'll probably be a few days before I start posting them to the site, so there's no need for anyone to rush their labels.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by cristiana:

i have been waiting for another contest, i cant see how the competition turns out this time. good luck, and start your engines.....

I only can agree to you, cristiana.

And so : On your marks ! Set ! Draw !!

Thank you all for taking part in this contest!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I've added a 6th level with vertical leaser beams coming down from the castle. A few other features were added as well.

I'll try to update my web page tonight with some screenshots.

Ronen.

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

Can't wait to see all the entries. I'm sitting out of this one (as the 5200 was never released here, be a bit mad me trying to win a game) so good luck everyone.

oh, i was looking forward to your designs. won't you reconsider your decision?

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: cristiana ]

How many more levels are you going to add?  

No more levels are planned...

Now starts the final stage in the development - final debugging... Some people say that the last 5% of a project consume 95% of the project's total duration ...I just hope it won't be true in this case tough...

OldGuru.

quote:

Originally posted by Brett Gladson:

I have just sent in the updates to my two entries. They look a lot better this time.

But when are we going to see the entries posted on the contest page?

I plan on adding them tomorrow, once I finish writing code for the page that will allow me to maintain these label contests much more easily. Plus you'll be able to sort the entries by submitter and date submitted (and once the voting starts, by the number of votes).

..Al

Well today I got around to working on my second Castle Blast label design and when my wife found out what I was working on, she said "great!!! now we won't see you again for a couple of weeks", but this is now my fourth label design contest here at atariage and I able to make these faster and just a little bit better every time I do one. I did this second one in about 2 hours, not bad for never having any training or classes.

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

wow, cool artwork so far! hmmm, maaaaybe I'll crank photoshop up after all

Here's hoping that you do.

Doesn't look like I'll get all the labels up on the page until tomorrow. Today was a long workday and I just got home not too long ago (it's 11:30pm). It'll take me a few hours to get the new pages written and to process all the labels I've gotten so far (must be over ten already!) I was tempted to just put the labels up in the style as I had previously done for the other contests, but I decided not to take the easy way out.

..Al